CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

If your named executrix& trustee of your husbands will mean

Customer Question

if your named executrix& trustee of your husbands will mean you are the beneficiary.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Not necessarily. The executrix or executor of a will, or the trustee of a trust, is the individual that is nominated to fulfill the document (execute the terms), these duties could include selling property, paying off debts, closing accounts, possibly hiring an attorney, an accountant, or a realtor to help facilitate these duties, and most significantly making appropriate accountings to the court (if necessary) and any beneficiaries to the document.

It is not uncommon for an executor or trustee to also be a beneficiary, but being named executor alone does not mean that the individual will receive any distributions from the trust or estate.