Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My estranged brother passed away in 2013 (age 73) with no

Customer Question

My estranged brother passed away in 2013 (age 73) with no known will. He was unmarried at the time of his death. Some 30 odd years ago he divorced his first wife. They had two children during their marriage. His first ex-wife remarried and her new husband adopted my niece and nephew. My brother relinquished his parental rights at the time of the adoption. He had no other children after the first marriage. His only surviving family members are his two siblings.
My question is, are his two children that he gave up parental rights to entitled to any remaining assets in my deceased brother's estate?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What state did your brother reside in at the time of his death?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

As soon as you let me know the state your brother lived in at the time of his death I will be able to give you an answer.

Doug

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Arizona.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

I would be happy to call you. Unfortunately there was a problem with your request.
Please contact customer service to have them assist you. You can contact customer service at(###) ###-####

I look forward to speaking with you,

Doug

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Try again.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

You can try accepting this call offer I will make to you. You will just need to click on the Accept icon

Doug.