Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

Both parents passed and everything is in mine and my sisters

Customer Question

both parents passed and everything is in mine and my sisters name. What can the executive do. Can my older sister keep us from our house?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, my dad just dies on the 25th and my mom did 8-18-88. But the house is already in our names. My dad had a stroke and that is why we did this.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I am just wondering if my older sister can keep us out of the house. She changed the locks and is not willing to give one to my other sister but is willing to give me one.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you saying that the deed to the house is in your and sister's name now?

.

Or that the will leaves the house to you both, but it is still in parent's names?

.

Do you have a copy of the current deed?

.

What is the older sister's role here....is she the executrix of father's estate?

.

.

thanks