Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  28 Years in General Practice and Estate Planning
68197583

My father is alive in Florida and his will makes me and my

Customer Question

My father is alive in Florida and his will makes me and my brother excecutors of his will 50/50. He now has serious dementia at 93. My brother took all his bonds, some cosigned to me and some to him and will not give copies of the information. My Dad gave my brother his car today and his keys as my brother is with him in Florids withput me. We both live in Pittsburgh but I am disabled and bought a condo in his Fla.complex. I do not have a car in Fla. and feel I should we both should have access to car to drive him. I need lawyer to represent me now and in future.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Has anyone been appointed as father's legal guardian through the courts?

.

Is he unable to manage his own affairs now?

.

Are you saying that your name is ***** ***** bonds as a co-owner?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My Dad is unable to manage his affairs. The higher value bonds 10,000 has my brother as coowner and lower value 3000 to 5000, I am coowner but my brother will not give me list, he took them all from him. Probally 80,000? I need lawyer to send him letter about bonds and car. I can ask his lawyer about legal guardian status as I am not sure.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can call you but my brother, a banker, has his name on credit card but I was able to sign up with his bank to view transations online. I need lawyer in Florida 33707 St. Petersburg.

Ok, he can't do anything with bonds that have your name on them as a co-owner so they really don't do him any good.

.

He can't cash them as the bank would require you to be there with ID to sign to cash them in. But if you and brother own the bonds, I am not sure why they are at father's instead of in your possession unless father just bought them for you and has held them all this time...

.

Unfortunately, the experts here are not allowed to represent customers from the site or recommend anyone personally under our agreement with JustAnswer. We are limited to providing legal information and answering questions.

.

However, these are a couple sites that we attorneys actually use if we need foreign counsel in a state where we aren't licensed. Further, customers have consistently reported good results with these sites:

.

www.martindale.com

.

www.lawyers.com

.

They screen their attorneys based on geographic location, area of practice, time in practice, cost and customer reviews.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not at all what I needed, only worth zero dollars

I am not sure if you thought that you were hiring an attorney for your deposit, but it doesn't work that way. You still have to hire a local attorney to represent you if that is what you want...

.

But if you are unhappy with the site or my service, then you can contact customer service and they will refund your money, no questions asked..

.

.

thanks

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. The first attorney is correct you brother would be acting illegally based on the 50/50 split.

What is happening here in the part of your brother is the financial exploitation of an elderly person. This is a criminal matter.

Pursuant to the terms of the site

"7. Information Not Advice; No Client-Professional Relationship
Answers of Experts on the Site are provided by Experts and are to be used by Customers for general information purposes only, not as a substitute for in-person evaluation or specific professional (medical, legal, veterinary, tax, financial, etc.) advice. For example, Experts in the Legal category will provide only general information about the law, and will not provide legal advice nor propose a specific course of action for a Customer. By answering questions, Experts do not intend to form, and do not form attorney-client or doctor-patient relationships with Users of the Site. The laws, regulations, other governing authorities, standards, practices and procedures that apply to your particular question may differ depending on your location and information typically discovered through in-person evaluations or visits. Experts in some categories may be licensed, certified, educated, employed by or have experience in only particular jurisdictions.

No professional-client relationships shall be formed on the Site.

Communications on this Site are not confidential and shall not be the subject of any associated privileges. Communications on this Site are limited, as described above, do not involve in-person evaluations or visits, and do not include safeguards and procedures typical of in-person evaluations and visits.

Before you can interact with an Expert, you will be required to agree to a Disclaimer reminding you of these and other important provisions of the Terms." http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

The attorneys on the site cannot represent you or enter into am attorney client relationship with you. We can, hopefully, get you headed in the right direction.

Can you tell me the county your father is residing in so you can take action?