How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 38251
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Small estate affidavit was approved by court naming me and

Customer Question

Small estate affidavit was approved by court naming me and my siblings has distributes. my siblings would like to transfer all rights to me. what do I need to do?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Liberty County Texas
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no that's it
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Jay,Small estate affidavit has been approved distributing share in separate real property of decedent. My siblings wish to transfer their rights in the real estate to me. What is the next step?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.

What property is there here?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
House on a lot.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.

Ok so here he does quit claim deed to you to transfer his interest here.Once filed you take his interest plus yours and he is off title.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.

Brother is grantor here to you as grantee get property description off prior deed.Record it in county deed records here.

Free forms.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
After a small estate affidavit is approved and an order is signed stating equal shares among siblings, siblings wishing to transfer title will do by using quit claim deed? We don't have to file a "Disclaimer Renouncing a Bequest" as a condition to transfer title?