LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have more than 25 years of experience in the practice of law.
15277592

My brother died in Tn. He had s main living there and also

Customer Question

My brother died in Tn. He had his main living there and also had a little land in Mississippi. His mother is still living along with 1 brother and 2 sisters. We are all in agreement according tge deceased wishes the Tn. land goes to his brothet. The Mississippi land is fir the 2 sisters.
Question, with no will can we transfer the land to the ones the deceased specified? or does it need to go to his mother and let her will take care of the rest. Money is a problem for all of us, so any legal short cuts information would be appreciated
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon Sheila,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Unfortunately, there is no short cut around the legal requirement in this circumstance. Because you are dealing with real property, your brother's estate must be probated by filing a probate action in the court where he lived at the time of his passing. Only the court can order the title to the property transferred to the next of kin---which would be to his Mother. Only after title is granted by the court to his mother can she then legally transfer the property to his brother and sisters in accordance with his wishes.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon Sheila,

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, and with the expectation that you would act similarly and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Doug