Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws

How may surviving siblings dispose of mothers subsidized

Customer Question

How may surviving siblings dispose of mothers subsidized property in La, California?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Have you conducted probate yet on the property? What type of property are you talking about?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Mom bought a condo with subsidized money 25 yrs ago. She passed last spring, without a will. Expenses for HOA fees and other keep up is becoming too much for us 5 siblings. We do have an attorney looking in probate however we are told it may take until October for resolution. Can you help?

Thank you for your reply.

If you are already in probate and have an attorney, I am afraid that there is nothing more that can be done. The probate process cannot be circumvented. All you can do is ask the attorney about getting the court's permission for the estate to sell the property now, before completion of probate. Other than that I am afraid that if the one attorney could not get this done sooner, no attorney can circumvent the process to make it happen any faster. I do apologize for that, but there is a process for probate and disposal of property and many times heirs are anxious to get things done faster than the laws allow, but it is just not possible.