Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

OK here is my concerns and questions, I'm really stressed

Customer Question

OK here is my concerns and questions, I'm really stressed out about, First my husband and I live with his father taking care of him and also took care of his mother before she passed away in 2014, Ever since then his oldest brother and his family has stolen from myself that caused me to almost have a breakdown, the things were things that belonged to my parents and also photos,memorabelia that I can't replace, both my parents are deceased, mom 6 years my dad 27 years, since then, He thinks its funny. I can't replace old black/white photos of my parents when the were in there thirties, He never helped with his mom and threw a temprtanturm when he was ask to spend time with his mom on fourth of July so I could get his brother and I out of the house to spend time with our family. OK here is the other thing, my husband and his brother are owners of the home in his dad's will after his passing, So his brother and his dad told me also the house is to be sold if anything happens to my husband and other brother, my husband says his half will go to me, my question is can the oldest brother take the house away from me after Danny and marks passing if I still alive. I'm just asking/looking for answers so I can stop stressing, my husband want even look or hardly talk to me about renting or buying a house for our selves. Pls help me get a relief or straight answer. Thank You. Cookie Jean
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. Can you tell me, who is on title to the home now? Father in law? And if so, does he have a will? Who is listed to receive the home in the will?