Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

My mother willed her home to me and my two siblings. My

Customer Question

My mother willed her home to me and my two siblings. My sister, who lived there until her death was one of them. Her husband lives there now. Recently, he has claimed that mother sold him the property for a dollar before she died. It is a lie. He claims he has a written document from her. If he does it is a forgery. My mother would never do that. Her will is on file in Barrow County. Mother passed in 1992 and my sister in ,2012. I want to ensure my rights are protected
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Can you prove the deed was forged? Why did you wait so long to assert your rights to the property? Was your mother's estate probated?