RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

Creditor is demanding a "notarized" statement that a

Customer Question

creditor is demanding a "notarized" statement that a decedent died with no assets. I have already sent them death cert. but they sending dunning notices. Do I have to comply?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: PA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

No you don't have to do anything.You aren't liable for the debts personally.You advised the creditor that there was no probate and the deceased died insolvent thats all you are required to do here.Not sure why they will not close this out.If you get more letters throw them out or put deceased/return to sender on the mail and put it back on your box.Eventually they will get the idea that there is nothing here to pursue.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Sorry they are hassling you here.Time will take care of this.