How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 36399
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I do before I go to settle my trust in august on my

Customer Question

what do I do before I go to settle my trust in august on my birthday to get all that is owed to me
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

The trustee here would pay any trust debts and file a final accounting of the trust showing the final bills paid during the year and the disbursements of the remaining funds to the beneficiaries under Georgia law.This shows what the funds were used for and then paid to the beneficiary.

Thats the normal process for the trustee to follow in order to disburse funds to the beneficiary on your birthday.The trustee should be in touch which you prior to your birthday so this can be done on this date and get you your funds without delay. I would write the trustee now reminding him of your birthday and need to disburse the funds to you on this date and ask if he needs anything else from you in order to facilitate the payment of the funds you are owed here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 3 months ago.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is much appreciated, let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am the mother of ***** *****ew who need the lawyer He only get a $150. a week to take care of his home and food and gas But it time for him to get all he was will to him. he 35 years old and he had 2 sisters who has already got theirs. was suppost to be equal that why he need a lawyer
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 3 months ago.

You can write the trustee here demanding payment of what you are owed.And then sue here if you have to.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
does he need to write a letter and ask for ever thing that his. Does he need a lawyer at closing!
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

He should do so and inquire when the trustee will forward the funds.A lawyer here is a great idea at closing and to protect his rights is a great idea.Hard to know what these guys are up to here but you want to make sure he gets his share of the funds from this.

Thanks again.

Related Estate Law Questions