Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

My mother wants to put a house n my name and a trailer house

Customer Question

My mother wants to put a house n my name and a trailer house n my sons how do we do this can u just tale this to the cort house.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Are their mortgages or other financing liens on the trailer or house?

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Iam still online trying to talk to u at no avail
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Did you wish to continue online or speak over the telephone?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Phone please
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

That is a premium service. I will make the offer..

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

I am happy to continue online with you (at no additional charge), if you want.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Assuming no liens on the trailer, your mother would just locate the certificate of title to the trailer, sign the assignemnt to your son and file it with the DMV, as well as other documents, where applicable, obtained from the Dept of Revenue:

• Ownership document – MSO or Title

• Manufactured Home must show (WIDTH) x (LENGTH).

• Original Authentication of Paid Ad Valorem Taxes form or a copy certified by the county clerk’s office to be a true and exact copy of the original. (Agent for County Clerk may certify a faxed copy if the copy was faxed directly to the county clerk’s office from the county treasurer’s office.) Original Authentication of Paid Ad Valorem Taxes is not required if the surrendering document is a MSO.

• Purchase price of manufactured home

• Sales Tax when applicable

• Maturity date of lien

• VIN inspection is not required on manufactured homes coming in from out of state.

• An In Lieu of Bond for Manufactured Home 25 Years Old or Older, which is used when an applicant applying for title is unable to provide a certificate of title or other acceptable ownership documents and the Manufactured Home is 25 years old or older.

• An Assignment of Manufactured Home I.D. Number, which is used when there is no identifying number on the Manufactured Home, or if the identification number has been destroyed, obliterated, or mutilated.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

The house is simpler and can just be conveyed by quitclaim deed to you, which is recorded with the county recorder of deeds.

Colorado Quitclaim Deed