Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 yrs of professional experience.
16823287

I should have inherited money. How can I find out how much I

Customer Question

I should have inherited money. How can I find out how much I lost?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

ANSWER: You would go to the probate court clerk's office in the county where the deceased resided and obtain a copy of the Will that was filed to be probated and any other papers where the executor provided the court with an accounting as to how the assets were distributed from the estate.