Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

I'd like some advise on setting up a Kiss Trust parents

Customer Question

I'd like some advise on setting up a Kiss Trust for my parents estate, which is comprised mostly of real assets (rental properties), their residence, and a small construction business.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
basically we want to set up a scenario where the assets are protected and disbursed before either both the parents have to go into assisted living situations where the government would attach to their real assets to offset the cost of live care. They only have Medicare and no private insurance.I would say the total value of the portfolio, again which is mostly real estate apartment buildings that are income generating rental properties. There is also a construction business they own which services the properties and does other occasional work, but it not much. The only other major asset is their residence.There would 3 benificiaries, two who live in state one one in CT.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

There is a great deal of negative discussion with regard to these trusts among attorneys. Let me provide a link to give you some insight into the issues

Can you tell me why the attorney is recommending a KISS trust?