Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

My father passed away about 7 months ago and left my brother

Customer Question

My father passed away about 7 months ago and left my brother and I a piece a property. We want to sell this property. We had to change executors of the will back in May. We thought we could put the property up for sale by now but the attorney is telling us no. We understand the deed has not been transferred yet and claims can still be filed on the property but cannot we not list it with disclosures? We feel the attorney is not being honest with us and just want some guidance as to what the process is. I have gone through this process before in the same state and the property was auctioned off within 5 months of death.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Would this be you listing the property with a broker or do you have a buyer identified already?

Would the estate sell the property?