Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My mother told me she had changed her will. leaving

Customer Question

my mother told me she had changed her will. leaving everything to my sister. She was mad at my daughter, her granddaughter and me. My mother at the time was having a nervous brakedown due to alot of things going on in the family. my sister was the only one she was talking to. This was about 4 years ago, now my mother has alzheimers and I think she was in the beginning stages at that time. she is now in the end stages of alzheimers and I wanted to know if I can contest the will. Her old will she made in my presence with my Stepdad right there. My sister had this lawyer come to her house when mom was sick and having a nervous brakedown.. I love my sister but things were supposed to be divided equally, but I dont think its that way anymore. I dont know what to do?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
I will be happy to answer your question.
Please note that any information is provided for educational purposes only!

Was your mother declared mentally incompetent by the court or officially diagnosed with alzeihmers, at the time current Will was executed?