Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Can I as sole beneficiary terminate/fire the trustee orig

Customer Question

Can I as sole beneficiary terminate/fire the trustee orig appointed by my deceased wife ? I have reason to believe they (corp) attny have siphoned off assets if not totally drained my estate. I have remarried & I believe they are REQUIRED by law to ha d everything over to my wife, per there is n statements.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Generally, the beneficiary doesn't have power to remove/terminate the trustee of a trust. However, the beneficiary can file a petition in court and ask the judge to remove the trustee for good cause.....such as the trustee misusing funds, etc. If that can be proven with an accounting, it should be possible to remove the trustee via court order and also have the court order that person to repay the misused funds.