California Lawyer
California Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed to practice law in California
19551178

If my sister name was on my moms account and she removed a

Customer Question

If my sister name was on my moms account and she removed a large amount of money from the account without my moms permission, can something be done to have return the money? No, she's not power of attorney, I have power of attorney.
Thank you,
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I’m a family lawyer and appellate attorney with 36 years’ experience and also have extensive experience with landlord-tenant issues, contract law, and other types of law. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information for educational purposes and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site.

At the end of this discussion I'm going to ask you to please rate me as that's the only way I get credit for my time here today. Are you okay with rating me at the end of this session?

Will pass this to another expert.

Expert:  California Lawyer replied 4 months ago.

Yes, I would report the taking to the police. They will investigate. Of course, the circumstances of why she was on the account in the first place will be relevant, but if its truly a theft, that is the way to go.

I hope this helps.

DCG