Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
17027240

Mom recently passed, estate was in trust which includes

Customer Question

mom recently passed, estate was in trust which includes property in Texas that she placed in her trust via a quitclaims deed on June 8, 1995, naming her and successors as trustee of the Jackie L. Page Trust. Do I need to transfer the property to me the successor trustee or can I leave it as is.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

You need not transfer the property. The trust owns the property and you simply succeed your mother as trustee. When you do get ready to either sell the property from the trust or distribute it to the beneficiaries of the trust, then you simply sign a deed a on behalf of the trust, with the trust as the grantor, and you signing as the trustee of the trust. But, until that time, nothing needs to be done.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

I just wanted to let you know that I will be away at dinner for the next hour or so. Should you have a follow up while I’m away, I will address it immediately upon my return. Thank you in advance for your patience. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

I wanted you to know I have returned in case you have a follow up! Thanks!