RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

My wife was in a will that HaD her as 1 of 5 childred to

Customer Question

My wife was in a will that HaD her as 1 of 5 childred to inherit her mom and dad's estate. Pretty sizable She passed but prior to her passing she left a will stating that any inheritance she had due her prior to or after her death would go to me ( her spouse ) Is the will worth the paper it is written on when her parents pass Both are still living
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you today.

Yes you will need to make application to probate your wife's will in the state where she deceased.Any share she would receive would pass through her estate to you as her legal heir.But her will needs to be probated and admitted by the probate court.Yes the will here is still valid and can be admitted through application for probate.Her estate and you as her heir would inherit her share of the parents estate.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and sorry for the loss of your wife.I wish you the best here.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Would the will still be valid if she were taken out of there will after her passing

It would likely be valid if they write out your wife--as long as they have mental capacity they have right to do that.I hope they do not decide to do that here.

Thanks again.