Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.

If me and my siblings are on the deed of a house and one die

Customer Question

If me and my siblings are on the deed of a house and one die and we sale do her part go to her child.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today!

Can you provide me a bit more information? Are your names simply on the title with no designation? Or, is there a designation such as either joint tenants with right of survivorship or as tenants in common? Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is me and two sister
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
One of the sister's have passed away and a grown son do he get a share
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for following up. Unless you are all on the title as "joint tenants with right of survivorship," or the deceased sister left her share to you and your siblings in her will, then the share of the sister that has passed away will pass to her grown son.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!