LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have more than 25 years of experience in the practice of law.

Are sellers of a home legally required to disclose major

Customer Question

Are sellers of a home legally required to disclose major repairs needed?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon Clarence,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, sellers of residences are legally obligated under MI law, Mich. Comp. Laws Ann. § 565.957, to disclose all known problems with the property as part of their disclosure process. This would absolutely include known needs for significant repairs of all kinds.

This is the format that the Disclosure form must take under MI law:

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon,

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

If I have already provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,