Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

If I become unable to manage my estate because of illness,

Customer Question

If I become unable to manage my estate because of illness, does my executor have free range with my money int the name of helping me?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

An executor is only applicable to an estate in probate, which means you would need to be dead to have an executor appointed to your estate.

You would need a durable power of attorney to appoint someone to manage your affairs if you are unable to do so.

Here is a form you can use: https://www.allsaintsbh.org/wp-content/uploads/CA-Power-of-Attorney.pdf

Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question. Thanks.