Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

I am a beneficiary of a "pass through" trust created in

Customer Question

I am a beneficiary of a "pass through" trust created in 1963. When I die the principal goes to my two children, and this denies my wife of my income from the trust and creates a real financial hardship for her. Is there any way I can remedy this or remove my assets from the trust under more recent trust law?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 6 months ago.

The trustee(s) would be the only ones with th power to move assets out of the trust pursuant to the terms of the trust. Once the assets are actually distributed which it looks like they will be distributed to your children, your children will have the power to do whatever they would like with the assets including giving some to your spouse.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.