Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

My aunt recently passed she left me as beneficiary on her

Customer Question

My aunt recently passed she left me as beneficiary on her life insurance and she also named me in her Merp state Medicaid Case I had to send them all my taxes and information as to why she listed me as person in charge of heirs estate they informed me they were releasing charges or waiving charges to me for her estate and if I had any further questions , the only thing she did have an adopted son that left when he found out that is upset for her not listing him, and how and can I sell her house.
JA: Dealing with estate issues can be complex, but getting accurate information now will save you headaches -- and potentially heartache! -- down the road. The attorneys we work with have a lot of experience, and I'd like to match you with the one who's the best fit.
Customer: she left me in charge and I just don't know what I should do next. I even have a letter from her doctor stating I was in charge that she had none
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: just that I have all documents from Texas Medicaid and that they have a statement from her where she states she lived alone and only had a niece and that was me where she put down all my info and ssn# ***** find out that he tried calling merp to remove me but they did not and only spoke to me about the money that was waived which was 21,555,69
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

Hello, how is the house titled and have you been appointed as an estate representative?

your question concerns selling the house?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
her name and yes I have been appointed as estate representative

You can normally sell it by deed in name of her estate or await closure of the estate and then sell once passes to beneficiary and retitled.

Is that clear?