Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

I am presently separated from my Fiancée,we were engaged

Customer Question

I am presently separated from my Fiancée,we were engaged for 11 years. We purchased a home together, (my name was on title). I made mortgage payments monthly and all other household pymts( we split the mtg pymts and utilities). I was beneficiary on all his 401K, stocks etc. We were both POA's for each other.
I left the relationship due to distress. He presently has the home and states that I have no rights to anything. I helped him after his divorce by paying rent on our home for two years, we built what we have today together.
Do I have a legal right to obtain any financial help from him to start over?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Do you have anything in writing from him, to show/evidence an agreement to repay you anything? I know you are on title to the home, so you 100% have a legal right and interest in it but want to get more information, if possible, since you are essentially asking if he has to pay you any type of support

Hi, are you still with me?