Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

Trying to figure out how to get my moms ashes and her

Customer Question

Trying to figure out how to get my moms ashes and her medical records something is fishy abt everything and my daughter who she was living with won't give me straight answers.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet next step
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: She was left with a lady who lost her nursing license in the state of Oklahoma when daughter moved to Texas. I had adult protective services going over there the lady and her husband would not answer door for her. Then they took mom to Texas ASAP without notifying my daughter she was coming. My daughter and son in law let no one know she was on hospice. Still wont tell me what hospice. Called funeral home and they said they couldn't release no information since I was not named on the funeral home documents but they could send me the release to cremate form. After my mom went to live with daughter she got very hush hush on everything even with my moms siblings. My mom only called when they weren't at home stated to me on occasion that son in law was mean to her.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I don't see this above but there are a couple of lines on my page that aren't legible.

Who has the ashes at this point?

Did your mother have a will?