Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My recording office has a will my mom wrote and recorded

Customer Question

My recording office has a will my mom wrote and recorded plus a recorded revocable trust with a 1st admendment removing 2 siblings and moving my other sibling and I into first and 2nd place as heirs hip and executors. A attorney from another state where my parent died says he searched but found no wills. I went down and had the docs copied and certified the other day to prove they existed. If I found them why did he not was so easy. HE PREVIOUSLY FILED ANOTHER DOC IN SAME OFFICE SO HE KNOWS WHERE TO LOOK. WAS THIS A SHADY DEAL AND WHAT STANDS LEGAL RECORDED DOCS OR NONE RECORDED DOCS?
JA: Working with a will can seem daunting, but getting the right information now can only help. Fortunately, the attorneys we work with have a lot of experience, and I'd like to match you with the one who's the best fit. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I want to get this over with my mom died in Jan and seems to not be doing things right no publications only legacy notification of death but nothing else
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: This lawyer is chummy with brother in law and think something going on. They filed in probate in April small estate and said died in t estate. ...not true he should have done due dillegence
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?