Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

I own a small piece of property in Lawrence,Pa. There is to

Customer Question

I own a small piece of property in Lawrence,Pa. There is to liens on it under my husband name. He passed away almost 3 years ago. I called the two debt collectors about them. One said that they have no record of it and the other 1 want a death certificate which I sent them. They said that that the social security number doesn't match what is in their computer. Is there anyway that I can get these removed so I can have a clear deed. Thank you!
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Did you do a probate on your husband's estate?