CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

From the recent sale of my home that i had before i married

Customer Question

From the recent sale of my home that i had before i married my second husband i would like to give it to my son to purchase a home?condo so in the future if my husband has to go into assisted care it would reduse my assets to apply for medicaid for him after his money is used up that he has which is not much. I know the look back is 5 years so i am planning for the future now.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I apologize, but I am not sure exactly what your specific question is regarding this proposed transaction, if I understand your post correctly, you are looking at transferring assets well in advance of the 5 year medicare lookback, but I do not know what other information you need at this point.