Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My father passed away in 2010 in Oregon. He left 2 cert of

Customer Question

my father passed away in 2010 in Oregon. He left 2 cert of deposits to my half brother. We have not heard or can trace any activity (taxes paid, bills or driver licenses renewals) for my half brother since 2009. How do I get the bank to change the beneficiary from my half brother to me? I filled paperwork in the Probate Court in Lincoln County on October 15th 2010.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify:

1) Is your brother still living? Or, not sure?

2) Did the Will specify that if he does not claim them, they go to you or someone else?

3) Who would he CDs go to if he was deemed passed at time of your father's probate (i.e. would they go to you, or not sure)?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.