Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

My husband passed away without leaving a will i am trying to

Customer Question

My husband passed away without leaving a will i am trying to sell the house i have to go through shortsale our children are ok with that, the son from his first marriage will not answer the request to contact us and sign papers how long do i have to wait do i have any options at all i can not life here without going into foreclosure much longer and am just trying to avoid that i live in texas his son lives in indiana the first marriage was over 40 years ago we were married thirty years and bought the house together do i have any rights at all and what are they thank you
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what are my rights" or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Also, please list your questions out by numbers so I can track what has been asked and answered.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How long do i have to wait for the son from the first marriage to respond to signing papers to let me sell my house