Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

How can I add a person on my house title in Tarrant county,

Customer Question

How can I add a person on my house title in Tarrant county, Texas
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

In order to add someone to your house title a an owner along with you, you would need to have a new deed prepared from you as the "grantor" back to yourself and the other person as the "grantees". Once it is signed and notarized, it is then recorded in the local land records office and the transfer is complete.

.

Any local real estate attorney or title/closing company can prepare the deed for you. I would suggest a title or closing company as they will be cheaper and faster and can help with getting it signed, notarized and recorded for you for a small additional fee.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm on title and got divorce after divorce, house was granted to me but i need to add my sister because i have a terrible credit and i need the house to be under my sister's name.
Bank ask me to add her in order to get house under her name

Ok, are you doing this as part of a refinance for the mortgage so you can get it out of yours and ex's names?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ok, then you need to follow the process I outlined above about having a new deed created from you as grantor back to you and sister as grantees. Once the deed is signed, notarized and recorded, she and you will be equal owners of the house and she can apply for a mortgage to pay off the existing one and get it out of your's and ex's names.

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** owns that house, my question is: is there something that help or not help because i don't want her to get into paying more tax or it will help her?

It should actually help her on her taxes because she will get to deduct any mortgage interest on her taxes.

.

.

thanks