Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

My mother passed away December 13, 2015 and her condo had a

Customer Question

My mother passed away December 13, 2015 and her condo had a reverse mortgage which we (my sister and I) are trying to return back to the bank as a deed in lieu. We have a copy of her will along with a copy of her Durable Power of Atty. The bank is saying we may need to have her will probated (state of Florida) .
Can you help me with this. They are saying they need proof that we have the right to give the deed back to them. Were we required to file her will with the County within 3 months of her death?
Thank you.
Stephanie Wingate ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Do I understand correctly that no one has filed a probate case to settle mother's estate?

Does mother have other assets in her name like vehicles or bank accounts?