Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

My lawyers were handling my estate. They were looking into

Customer Question

My lawyers were handling my estate. They were looking into credit life. My notes got behind. I sent checks from insurance company made out to me and mortgage company to catch up notes. They have refused them and now are trying to auction my house off. My lawyers won't respond to me and still have the checks. Help
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify what has happened:

-what do you mean by your attorneys were handling your estate? How? Do you have it in a trust, etc? Are the attorneys trustees?

-who is trying to auction off the home - the attorneys or the mortgage?

-is the mortgage being auctioned off due to non-payment?