Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

Customer Question

Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Hello back. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My mother passéd away a few years ago and the will has me as the executor and says that I have full power at such time to sell the property as I have the letter from the surrogate court listing me duly authorized to administer estate. It says that me and brother get 50/50. He's saying that he does not have to comply with court letter or language in the will and says he can press charges in the court to stop house for sale.

Are you asking if what your brother says is correct?

Also, has he already been served with the documents? If so, has he filed an answer or hired a lawyer?