Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters

My grandparents had AZ irrevocable trust, which name their

Customer Question

My grandparents had AZ irrevocable trust, which name their daughters and subsequently their issue as beneficiaries. Since my mother the youngest fell out with them 10 prior to their death, my 2 siblings and I are splitting 3/4 of the sale of their home. My problems: 1) I just had 100k in student loans discharged LAST month due to Total & Permanent disability, 2) My son with Autism & Speech Impairment was disqualified for SSI because my husband overqualified us by receiving Unemployment Benefits (unearned income), 3) My husband hasn't paid his personal or business taxes since 2004 (exception 2007) but married in 2007, 4) There's a tax lien on my home (though legally his separate property), and 5) we have an undeclared property (land) in Belize. I already asked for a divorce before my sister told me about my inheritance and this is separate property. My husband went from 125k yr incomes as military contractor to ZERO work and refusing to look even with his Vet benefits I can't even provide enough food, let alone missing essential therapy for my son.
Your thoughts?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what are your thoughts", "what are my rights", or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.