Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My mother's estate is worth about 800,000. Since my dad

Customer Question

My mother's estate is worth about 800,000. Since my dad passed in 1998 she has always been adamant that my sister and I world inherit everything 50-50.
In the past 3 years I've resided in a different state and my mother and sister live in the same town. I was just informed that the will has been changed altho it happened about a year ago. My sister and I will each receive an equal monthly stipend but everything goes into a trust which then will go to my 16 year old nephew.
I believe my sister has influenced my mother because this is never what either of my parents would have wanted.
My sister says she had a mental competency test done prior to making the changes and that my mother is no longer competent to make changes. She has also texted that she will not help me in any way.
What can you suggest?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Is mother suffering from any mental issues like dementia or Alzheimer's?

.

Who informed you that the will has changed?

.

Has mother ever been declared medically or legally incompetent by her doctors or a judge and had a guardian appointed?

.

.

thanks