Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

I am looking letter tu be used deceased brother who left no

Customer Question

I am looking for template for a letter tu be used for a deceased brother who left no will. We are recording an affidavit of heirship so I can act as an executor is that appropiate
JA: Dealing with estate issues can be complex, but getting accurate information now will save you headaches -- and potentially heartache! -- down the road. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes they are the ones filing but it's up to me to send out these letters to the creditors. Should I be asking the lawyer here
JA: What advice did they give you? Is there anything else important you think the Estate Lawyer should know?
Customer: They told me to let the creditors contact me when they don't get paid and refer them to them ( the lawyers) that just doesn't seem like the right thing to do
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What state is the probate going to take place in?

2. Do you know who the creditors are?

Doug