Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My sister is executor of my aunt's will, and is refusing to

Customer Question

My sister is executor of my aunt's will, and is refusing to give my son his money. It's been 9 years.
JA: OK. The Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Estate Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: She was steward of an account my aunt established for my son. She was getting all the updates on the account, refusing to pass those along to my son. She told our investment person "I'd rather see it got to the state than him get a penny of it". He was a child when my aunt died, never did anything to get that attitude. There is also land left to my kids and my sister has refused to to file for it as only the executor can. She said that will never do it because she doesn't want my kids to get it. Enough is enough.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Estate Lawyer should know?
Customer: Obviously, she's not performing her duties as executor and needs to be legally forced to perform, or be removed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?