Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.

How do I find out if there is a will on file family member

Customer Question

how do I find out if there is a will on file for a family member who is now deceased
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. My condolences for your loss.
If a will is filed with the probate court then it becomes a public record and you can obtain a copy from the clerk of the probate court.
If no will has been filed then there is a legal presumption that no will exists and the estate is intestate.
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.