Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

I 't know if my dad had a will s house was paid off before s

Customer Question

I don't know if my dad had a will His house was paid off before his death. he opposed 2nd mortgages and bank loans. he always used the McDonnell Douglas credit union instead.After his death my mom and my brother took out a loan of 114.000 dollars. I'm not sure when they did this. April 2016 they tried and did move to Arizona. the day they left my brother came to my resedience and gave me the keys to my dads house and said to me, Steve, you must keep an eye on the house because our sister will tear up the place. Mom wi[[ be back for the holidays. SO I ASK , Are you and mom selling dads house? He replied NO BROTHER, Were not selling dads house...HE LIED BECAUSE I found out days later that my dads house was up for sale weeks before I then learned that they are behind 3 payments of 742.00 and late fees of 900.00 plus.I would like to stop the sale and prove that mom and brother Ed are not responsible enough to manage The Madrid estate. I know my dads wishes , HIS HOUSE WAS NEVER TO BE SOLD AND ALWAYS TO STAY IN THE MADRID NAME.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Steve...Can you provide me a bit more information? Do you know how title is held? Did your mom get title transferred into her name after your dad's death? Was the title held by your mom and dad as joint tenants with right of survivorship or were both their names simply on the deed? Have you checked with the probate court in the county in which your parents resided at the time of your dad's death as to whether or not a will was admitted to probate? Thanks.