TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

My father passed and now mother is under control of our

Customer Question

My father passed and now mother is under control of our sister who was recommended by their attorney to be placed in this position solely because she was the closest offspring. She is overspending mothers retirement and with that mom will be without funds for care within a few years. She and her husband unlawfully have not filed taxes for years. When my other sister and I requested a quarterly statement of financial expenditures no receipts wereprovided. Mom is being treated like a shut in and controlled as who can or cannot see her. The judge stated in the last hearing that any or all family members can see and visit her. At this time many family members cannot. We, my sister and I, are at a loss. We need and expert elder law attorney in the state of IN, Dubois, Co. or close to the area.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can.

To clarify, are you asking how you can go about finding an elder law attorney in your area? Unfortunately, the attorneys here cannot represent you. We can only answer legal questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I suppose what I'm asking is hiring an expert in elder care law my next step and could you recommend a resource and or an attorney close to that area in southern IN to help our situation.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. Thank you for clarifying.

Yes, hiring an elder care attorney is the next step, since that attorney can file the required paperwork to get your sister to stop abusing your mother and to stop recklessly spending her money.

The best way to find a local attorney with expertise in this area is to utilize local bar associations. The website below has a list of associations in all of the counties, along with phone numbers. So, you should choose the county where your mother resides, and then call that association and ask for a referral regarding elder abuse.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!