CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

My daughter inherited money from my father and in s will he

Customer Question

My daughter inherited money from my father and in his will he stated that my daughter would not receive her inheritance before the age of 21. She received it when she turned 18 and spent it all. My dad's wife was his personal representative. Is there any recourse in the fact that she was given the money, before the age stated in the will?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 6 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to be able to assist you today.

While the personal representative did not execute the will as written (distributed the funds 3 years too early), there is not likely to be any sufficient cause of action here. The proper beneficiary received the funds, there was no misappropriation of funds, and the funds were properly accounted for.

Your daughter could raise an issue with the probate court, but any damages here would be extraordinarily limited (if any, of which I am doubtful).

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 6 months ago.

If the mortgage borrower default on the loan, the lender is going to foreclose the mortgage. I presume that you already know that, so it is unclear as to what you mean by "how does the lender deal with a borrower etc.…"If you can clarify your question a little further I'm sure I can assist you with pertinent information.

Dear Customer,

My apologies for the above, it appears that there was an error in the forum's server with another expert's conversation crossing over into ours.