Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My father died in March, 2016 and has left me some money

Customer Question

My father died in March, 2016 and has left me some money from his estate. In the meantime, I have had a stroke and have entered a hospital - now being told that I need open heart surgery as soon as I gain my strength back. I have no health insurance so have applied for MediCal and have been accepted. How do I keep my inheritance safe from the Government?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Are you your father's only surviving heir?