Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters

My brother is the Truste of my fathers living Irrevocable

Customer Question

My brother is the Truste of my fathers living Irrevocable trust
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: He has gone agents my Fathers last wish and broken it
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes i just need some idea what to expext he keeped money tha wasto be given too me
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: nothing yet i just fond out friday
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: no my father was very ciear about his wishes before he died 8 25 2011
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 months ago.
I don't know what state you are in, but nearly every state has laws to protect beneficiaries of trusts such as yourself. A trustee may be held accountable for his actions by a court. Your attorney can request an informal accounting from your brother, the trustee. If your brother refuses to comply with the request, then the trust matter can be docketed with your local probate court and a formal petition can be filed requiring your brother to account for what he has done as the trustee. The judge usually orders the trustee to file an accounting within 30 days. Please don't forget to enter a rating by clicking on one of the five boxes at the top of this reply. We are not employees of Just Answer, and only receive credit for assisting you when the rating is positive.