MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My husband recently passed away we have a farm and house.the

Customer Question

my husband recently passed away we have a farm and house.the mortgage was in his name and two lines of working credit . the will states I inhearet everything, plus my name is ***** ***** deed . do I have to take over the loans . I live in new york state
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. You only have to take over the loans if you plan on keeping the land. Your other option would be to sell the properties, pay off the loans, and cash out any equity. I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.