Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

Dad and Step Mom have a car with title in both names, Dad in

Customer Question

Dad and Step Mom have a car with title in both names, Dad in assisted care with great mind, Step mom in Altheimers home. Her sons have POA for her. They have taken car and say they are going to sell. Dad has asked for half of fair price sell. $14,000 bottom sell price, $15,800 top price. Really the bot***** *****ne question is, can they sell it and not pay dad half, no matter any other information since both names are ***** *****?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
If his name is ***** ***** then they would need to get his signature to assign the title. So, no, they can not sell it without your father's cooperation and he can insist on being paid his interest.
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Are you online with me?
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.