Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My boyfriend and I lived in a mobile home together. I paid

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I lived in a mobile home together. I paid for the place and can prove it. But the park manager only put his name on the title. We never got if fixed. My boyfriend passed a way. Now his family is trying to kick me out. He died without a will. Do I have any rights? I live in Indiana
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately, if your name is ***** ***** the property and you were not married, his family can claim the property and remove you from the premises unless you file lawsuit to stop them. You would need to show in your lawsuit that an error was made in putting the property only in his name because you paid for the property and you have documents to prove the purchase. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.