Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

Irrevocable trust s of 2010. An amendment in 2007 regarding

Customer Question

Irrevocable trust s of 2010. An amendment in 2007 regarding distribution of certain real estate to the brother and sister-only heirs was misplaced. The two heirs may not agree on distribution with out the hard copy of the amendment. One of the heirs is trustee. At this point in time, the trust needs to be distributed -most probably into another trust-what is to be done re: lost paper work. thanks
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 10 months ago.
You will need to petition the court and try to prove what the trust says and get a reformation [That probably wouldn't be the term, but that's the idea]. (Which if there is no evidence of any intent, the court may reform along intestate lines in equity.) If no one goes to court, the money and property will eventually escheat to the state.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that i may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.